Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Monday, January 30, 2012

day 224: In the Beginning

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

********

I'd say that's pretty cut and dry lol.

I know those of you who aren't reading the Bible in 90 days with me might be a bit tired of hearing about it. I'm sorry about that. It's just something that I'm very excited about.

In the beginning....

Every story has a beginning.

"Once upon a time...."

"It was the best of times...."

"It was a dark and stormy night...."

The difference here, is that these words were written by Moses to answer the age old question-- how did the world begin? How did it come to be?

In the first sentence, we are told the exact answer.

It doesn't say how God created it, but really that's trivial. It's not the point.

From here on out, just by one sentence, we know 3 things about God:
1. He is all powerful.

2. He created something from nothing.

3. He was here before time began.

Even I can memorize that verse.

I think it's pretty special that an all powerful feller like God who made the entire universe........ took time to make little ole me. Because He loves me so much.  Same goes for you.

God Bless You

~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment