Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

day 197: Sanctuary

Psalm 150:1-2:6

Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
Praise him in his mighty heavens!
Praise him for his mighty deeds;
Praise him according to his excellent greatness!

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord!

**************

My two oldest daughters (6 and 4) have started this thing where if someone says "Amen" they say, "Praise the Lord!"  I know they got it from church which is a good place to pick things up :)

Sometimes saying "Praise the Lord" is hard.  Sometimes its easy to type, but hard to say outloud.

Psalm 150 is all about the times/places we should praise God... if you read it all, basically it's everywhere/everytime/all the time. 

Think about it, is God any more or less awesome at different times of the day or year. Now that Christmas and Thanksgiving are over, can we just hold in our thanks and praise?

Of course not!
(though it's hard to forget at times now that the holidays are over...)

This verse also reminded me of a song my husband used to sing when we were young sprouts (well, probably 20 year olds) at the youth choir at church.  I couldn't find the exact one I was looking for (probably because I hear my husband's voice in my head), but it's a good verson none-the-less.


(BTW, click on these youtube links.. show the video makers some love)

God Bless You :)

************
If you've read this blog long, you know that I don't like to do cross blog promotions. I try to keep each blog separate.  However, I wanted to let you know that on my other blog Oh, That Mom Again.. I'm hosting a Bible in 90 Days program.


If you are interested in reading the Bible in 90 days, please click over there, read the blog post, and post a comment letting me know you are committed :)

If you don't want to participate, please keep us in your prayers as we start this 3 month journey :)

Thanks so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment