Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

day 205: Dealing with Pressure

Psalm 119:143
As pressure and stress bear down on me,
I find joy in your commands.

*********
My stomach has been in knots all week (and it's only Wednesday). Different things at work have been stressing me (and I've been trying not to let it).  Just different things have made my stomach hurt a bit.

It does that sometimes.

How about you?  Do you ever feel your stomach knotting or your palms getting sweaty or your heart racing?

What do you do when you get stressed?

What we *should* do is pray......

And read the Bible to calm our nerves....

We should focus on God and not our pressures or our stresses.

We God is in control anyway.

What's going to happen will happen
whether we stress about it or not.

I used to have this weird logic.
I thought if I DIDN'T worry about something then something bad would happen.

Like I was *that* powerful.

I've learned differently.

We all have stresses and presure on us. Just every day life things are hard, add to that a sick child, work, a sick parent/spouse, bills, etc. it builds up until we feel like we can't take it any more.

God can take all of that and he's given us his Word to help us cope with life. Sure, He has control over all situations, but He also gave us his commands so we can deal.

God Bless You

*******
Remember, if you have a devotional blog, I'd love to add it to the directory on the header of this page. I want this blog to be a place where people can come and be encouraged.  If you are interested, please send me an email at ohthatmomagain (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Sweet Blessings and Woman to Woman are the newest blogs listed.








4 comments:

  1. ah yes. so quickly I can fall into worry/stress...in fact, I just posted today about letting go of some of my "shoulds"...good reminder, one I need to hear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, your writing makes me smile. :) We aren't in control and we can't control things just by thinking about them - or not thinking about them. We need to give all our worries and concerns to God and let Him handle them.

    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful for His life changing Word! Without it I would be a mess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly - this is so true. There's that saying: if you worry you die, if you don't worry you die, so why worry? Not very Christian I know but pretty much makes the point that worry is pointless. Most importantly, GOD IS IN CONTROL!!! Great post and thank you for linking up.

    I have just checked out your Devotional blog directory! Wow, firstly its awesome and 2ndly, thank you for your listing, you are a great encouragement to me too.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete