Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Sunday, January 8, 2012

day 202: Not Forget Your Word

Psalm 119: 16
I will delight in your decrees
and not forget your word.

**********

My sister and I were talking tonight about how forgetful I am.

Yes, friends, I'm more forgetful than I like to admit.  Now, I can remember small things (like who was the first person killed off of Lost), but the more important things I tend to forget about (like giving my family Christmas cards.... I paid $40 for Santa pictures that I totally forgot to give!  They are still on my island in the kitchen.. I know!!)

So, it probably comes at no shock that I'm not the best at memorizing scripture.  I saw a blog once where this lady was memorizing all of Proverbs.  From what she said, she was doing pretty good.  That isn't a challenge I can do.  I can write... and I can read (B90) but I can't memorize. (We all have different talents).

I told you all of that to tell you this.... we need to have God's word on our heart at all times.  Even if it's the smallest verse you can remember ("Jesus wept" for me) or old favorites like John 3:16, we need to have a verse or 2 or 10 or 100 that we can pull out when we don't have a Bible around and we need His word. 

I'm so thankful that God lead me to the concept of 'MY ONE WORD' that you will think on and try to remember at all times.  My one word is Love (God knows how little memory I have lol).  I might not can memorize all of psalms.... but I can focus on my one word.

Besides memorization, what can we do to not forget God's word?

*Read the bible daily


*Read different Christian blogs and how God is working through them.


*Post bible verses daily/weekly/monthly on facebook.


*Since I can't memorize worth anything, I like to keep a piece of paper with a verse in my pocket.  It's always a different verse and through the day when I need a word from God, I look at it. 


*Do a Bible Study (I posted one on Love at www.ohthatmomagain.blogspot.com if you'd like to do a free one. It's on the top header.)


*Write verses on paper and place them in different places throughout the house so you can be reminded of God and his word at different times.


*If you have a homemaking binder and a/or a daily 'To Do' list, write a verse on there so you can be reminded of God everytime you look at it.

I'm sure there are lots and lots of other ways to get God's word in our minds and keep it there daily. If you have any others you can think of, please leave a comment below.

God Bless You,

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, for me, it is music. If a scripture is put to music, it is with me forever. Thanks for this exercise. You offer good suggestions to help us with this most important task.
    Blessings!
    Pam 2 Encourage

    ReplyDelete