Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

day 218: One of the Scariest Two Letter Words

James 1:5
“If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.”

********

This kinda goes along with the 'You don't have because you don't ask' thing.

A lot of times we are scared to ask someone something for fear of them saying no-- like it will kill us or something.

Like the word 'no' will strike us down in such a way that it will suck our soul out through our toes.

*Maybe* a tad overdramatic (maybe), but you get the point. God may not give you what you ask for or want, but He sure won't punish you for asking.

Don't let the word no scare you off from asking God for something.
God Bless You

~Kelly

Linked with: On My Heart Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have just awarded you the "The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award!" Check my blog out for details...

    http://thoughtsonbookss.blogspot.com/2012/01/irresistibly-sweet-blog-award.html

    But don't feel pressured to participate. I was just happy to share your blog with others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time asking for anything for myself...although I always ask for others. Maybe I am afraid of the no word!

    ReplyDelete