Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Thursday, January 5, 2012

day 199: Continually

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths. (ESV)

*********

My sister got me a new Bible for Christmas. Its the English Standard Version.  So far, I really like it. It is going to be the Bible I read for Jan. 30th Bible in 90 Days at Oh That Mom Again... 

One of the things I really like is how the study notes are laid out on the bottom. 

I found 3:6 notes to be interesting.  It said, "To make straight one's  paths means to continually progress toward a goal (mostly with morals)"

Continually stood out at me.  Meaning that you never totally reach the goal... but you keep making progress toward it.

You will never be where you 'think' you should be, but with God's help, you will progress down the right path.

I think that's awesome :)

God Bless You



No comments:

Post a Comment