Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Saturday, December 31, 2011

day 195: A Future of Hope

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord.  "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

******************

I hope this last day of 2011 finds you happy, healthy, and excited about the future. 

2012 has been a 'scary year' for years (thanks to the Mayan calendar... my take on it?  They got tired....). It kind of reminds me of Y2K... remember that?  Twelve years ago the whole world was going to end at midnight... yeap, *that* didn't happen (The upside was many people had enough food stockpiled to last them until 2005)

God has plans for us all.  We aren't just flung on this rock without purpose or plan.  His plans aren't for some sort of disaster, but for a future and a hope.

I find that very comforting, especially now. 

As you move forward from one year to another, remember that God looks at our future, not at our past (if you've asked him to forgive you).  Every day is a new day.  Make today the best yet :)

Happy New Year's Eve and be safe:)

God Bless You

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Kelly. The Jeremiah scripture is one of my favorite and offers such comfort.
    Have a Happy New Year with Jesus!
    Pam
    2 Encourage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for my favorite scripture. It is an encouragement for us to know that our future rests in His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I've read this scripture, but I hadn't been one of my favorites until now. I think it will be my verse for 2012. :) <3

    ReplyDelete