Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Thursday, December 15, 2011

day 179: A Child's Faith

Psalm 8:1-2

O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!
Your glory is higher than the heavens.
You have taught children and infants
to tell of your strength,
silencing your enemies
and all who oppose you.

********************************

My daugher told me the other day, "Mama, I believe in God, in Santa, and in Jesus."  Oh....

Yeah, that is going to be awkward some day.

But to my kids, there is no ifs, ands, or buts... God is God, and he made everything.  They have gone to church (most) of their lives.  We talk about God a lot (and they ask lots of questions that I don't know how to answer....).  They have faith that God is going to take care of them and answer their prayers. 

Here is the 64,000 dollar question.... WHO has taught children and infants to tell of God's strength?



Of course, that video is kind of tongue in cheek (it's from the NBC show 'Community'), but there is one bit of truth in it... SOMEONE needs to tell the kids about God because if you aren't taught, how can you learn?

It's our job as parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc to teach the young kids about Jesus because the world isn't/won't.  I'm a public school teacher and it has always made me laugh when people say that people keep God out of schools... as if a PERSON could keep God out of anywhere (he is GOD after all....). I don't have to mention God in my room.  My kids who go to church or have religious family members talk about Him when they get a chance... and sometimes others ask the other kids about church/plays etc.  *I* don't have to mention God or teach about Him at school... these kids who parents/grandparents/friends take them to church do a great job themselves. 

How many times do we willingly talk to our friends about Jesus or whatever is going on at church?  My four year olds aren't shy about it at all... and I don't even bring it up.  What if everyone was taught as young kids to tell of God's strength?

Our Christmas song today is "A Baby Changes Everything" by Faith Hill... because they do.  And one baby in particular changed the entire world...

God Bless  You



1 comment: