Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

day 178: Bitterness and Joy

Proverbs 14:10

Each heart knows its own bitterness,
and no one else can fully share its joy.

**************************************

Ah... bitterness.

Such a fun thing to fill your heart and mind.  Being so tired or upset with a person (or jealous) that your heart turns cold when you hear their name or you cringe when you think of them.  Not the greatest thing to fill a heart with, but we all do it.... or at least most of us.

Bitterness can take on many different forms, and none of them are pretty. 

In the same way, no one else can fully share the joy you have in your heart.  For example, I finished the Bible in 90 days program in 78 days. To say I was excited would be an understatement.  I ran to my husband and do you know what he did?  He said, "Wow, that's good." and that was it. 

*Epic Deflate*.

It meant so much more to me, and he WAS proud and happy, but it meant something different to him.  Like when he tells me something about his video game that means squat to me, but he's smiling like it's the best thing ever.  I'm not near as joyful as he is... and that's ok.

If you are waiting for someone to be as excited as you are about something, you will probably have to wait a long time (save a few circumstances).  Every heart has its own bitterness and joy.  If you are bitter because some isn't as joyful as you over something, don't be.  It's not that they don't care. It's that they don't have your heart.

Today's Christmas song is "Oh Holy Night" sung by Celine Dion-- nope, I can't even make it go with this post lol.  It's one of my favorite songs though...


God Bless you

3 comments:

  1. I always love reading your interpretation of these Scriptures, Kelly. Our joy, peace, contentment, and self-worth need to come from God. Only He can fill that longing in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how bitterness can rob us of our joy if we allow it to. In my struggles with contentment, I have found that bitterness can eat away at you and if we allow satan to use those times of discouragement he can bring us down very quickly. In ministry we see this all the time. Others may seem like they are not into it.....not the case, God hasn't given them the desire that they have given us and we shouldn't be bitter about what we cannot control. Life is tough enough without comparing ourselves to others.... I need to be EXACTLY who God made me to be...ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, what's that saying....bitterness is like feeding yourself poison and hoping your enemy will die. Kind of defeatest! Great post and love your sense of humour. Thanks for linking up with me, hope to see you there next week too
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete