Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Friday, December 9, 2011

day 173: The new Kindle... ;)

Proverbs 21:26

Some people are always greedy for more,
but the godly love to give!

******************

Today's verse is a lot like the one we talked about yesterday. 

Have you seen the commerical on tv for the Kindle (or the nook... it's an eReader of some kind... I don't remember what they were selling, but I remembered their message)?  There are 2 people; preppy male and preppy female.  The woman shows the guy her new Kindle (or nook) and that she only paid $79 dollars for it.  Then the lady tells the guy, "It's better to recieve than to give."  And he says that he doesn't think that's how it goes... and she hold up another Kindle (or nook) and says, "Well, it's close enough." Or something like that... wait....

Ok, I'm going to admit, I don't remember exactly how that commercial went...Found it on youtube... here is the video if you want to watch it...



 but the point is the "It is better to recieve that to give."

THAT, friends, is the world we live in.  *I* live there too. 

A lot of times, we find it more thrilling to get something than to give, and that's human. It is.  But we aren't supposed to be that way.  We are supposd to take joy in helping others not only at Christmas but all through the year.  This is something I need to work on more.  I've been praying about it, and I want to start acting on it.

Anyone else want to take this challenge with  me?

Our 9th Christmas song leading up to Christmas is "Emmanuel" by Chris Tomlin.


God Bless You

Linked with: Brag on God Friday


2 comments:

  1. This is one of the things I need and want to work on. I'll take the challenge with you .Love you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge, Kelly! I want to live by the motto "it is more blessed to give than receive."

    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete