Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Saturday, December 10, 2011

day 174: Rest

Genisis 2:2-3
On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested from all his work.  And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when he rested from all his work of creation. (NLT)

********************

This isn't a post on resting on the Sabbath... which we SHOULD do... but I dare say we don't (I don't).  This post is about resting in general.

How much do you rest?

I don't rest that much.... well, my body maybe. Probably not my mind.  I had to laugh the other night after the girls had gone to bed.  I sat in the living room on the laptop, earphones in my ears, editing the book, watching tv, and fiddling with my new Nook..... at the same time... seriously!  That was nuts!

When I figured out what I was doing, I had to laugh at how silly it was.  Do you think anything I did that night was very good?  Do you think that any of it had my full attention?  Ummmm.... no.

My husband has told me more than once that I'd do things better if I just focused on one thing at a time (like him lol)... but there is no way I can do that.  If I only have 2 things on my mind, I get a bit frazzled. How about you?  I can't seem to find time to 'rest'.

We live in a busy world.  Even if you don't have kids, you are constantly on the go... constantly having to do something... and then you take time to do what you 'want' which leads to less time to rest. 

God built the entire world in six days... and then he rested.  God.. THE head honcho... rested.  We are human... very much so.  How much weaker are our bodies? 

Do you get enough sleep at night or does your mind race?

Do you take time to sit down and rest during the day or are you always on the go?

Do you see someone else resting and get mad at them for not doing 'something' (um.. yeah, I've yelled at my husband to do 'something' before... not that anything needed to be done, I just wanted him up doing somethign lol)?

The point is, even God rested... and at this most busy of times we need to remember to take time to rest too. 

Our 10th song leading up to Christmas is "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by Mercy  Me.  What I love about doing this Christmas Song series is finding songs I hadn't ever heard before (or rather versions I've never heard before).  I've never heard this version, but it is now one of my favorites... :)  This video is one of those timed Christmas light things.  I thought it was awesome :)  Wish I knew how to do it.  Irony: I bet the person didn't *rest* much making that light display ;)


God Bless You :)



No comments:

Post a Comment