Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Sunday, December 4, 2011

day 168: 33 Years

John 12:27

Now my soul is deeply troubled.  Should I pray, "Father, save me from this hour? But this is the very reason I came!  Father bring glory to your name."

*********************

We tend to think of Jesus as all powerful, all knowing, all immortal, all mighty... and he is ALL of those things.  But for 33 years, he was also very much human.  Sometimes we forget how scary it had to be for him knowing what was going to happen, and knowing how horrible it was going to be.  I dreaded having my wisdom teeth cut out for weeks before it happened... and that was something minor.  I couldn't imagine knowing all of *that* was going to happen, and I had to let it happen willingly.

It wasn't just the physical torchure of it.  But the mental and emotional anguish of having to carry each and ever one of our sins on him.  You know how horrible you feel if you sin and you can feel it pressing down on you. Imagine that times... well a lot!

It wasn't something to look forward too, and the human part in him dreaded it.  And rightfully so.  He knew it was what he had to do... he knew it was the right thing to do... but it wasn't by any means the easy thing to do.

Sometimes God asks us to do things that seem painful (like talking to someone about him when you are painfully shy, or giving blood to the blood bank when you hate needles, etc.).  We need to follow Jesus' example and do it no matter what. 

Our 4th song leading up to Christmas is called "Born in Bethlehem" by (of course) Third Day.  This is my oldest daughter's favorite Christmas song.



God Bless You,
Kelly


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly - thank you for all your encouragement. I so appreciate it and thank you for linking up with me at winsome wednesday. I look forward to seeing you there.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete