Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

day 191: Being Patient

Genesis 29:18
Since Jacob was in love with Rachel, he told her father, “I’ll work for you for seven years if you’ll give me Rachel, your younger daughter, as my wife.”

*********************

I admit that I'm not a patient person, especially when I have a goal.  I finished the Bible in 90 days in 78 because I couldn't be patient and just follow the plan. 

If I have something I want to do, I feel like I need to do it now! (kinda like the book I'm writing.  I just started it Nov. 1st. I'm on the second draft, but I want it done yesterday lol... I don't seem to have a lot of patience lol).

I couldn't imagine waiting 7 years to get married (my husband and I got married 2 months after we started dating.).  Jacob had patience because he knew the payoff at the end would be worth it... then he had to work another 7 years because Leah's father tricked him.

I was watching 'Left Behind III' last night and (not to give anything away), but one of the main characters was told by God to stay.  To not go be with his dying wife.  To be patient.  That is a hard request and took a lot of faith and patience.

What was the last thing you had to wait for?  Are you a patient person?  Are you like me and try to rush to get something finished?

We should be patient and wait on God because it will be worth it in the end.

1 comment:

  1. I am impatient and chaotic. Waiting, sitting still is hard for me. So happy ... with this blog. I know God teaches me to wait. And I bring a little in practice. My personality is not finished ...

    ReplyDelete