Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Monday, December 12, 2011

day 176: When Love was Born

1 Corinthians 13:13
Three things will last forever-- faith, hope, and love-- and the greatest of these is love.

*****************************

Even if you stink at memorizing bible verses, this one is easy and oh so important.  It doesn't say money will last forever. It doesn't mention fame.  It doesn't say that big house you want/have/fought for.  It doesn't say your inheritance.  It doesn't say your xbox, your tv, your car,  your vacation home, your savings, even yourself.... It says three things (and only three things) will last forever....

The faith you have in God....

The hope you have in God, in Heaven, in all of God's promises being fullfilled...

The love you have for God, others, and yourself.

Notice, there is nothing material mentioned.  Even the pyramids are weathering away.

But the love you show others will last forever and ever.

Our 12th song leading up to Christmas is "When Love was Born" by Mark Shultz.


God Bless You.

**I have a personal prayer requeset.  I don't know if it's because I type a lot (I'm also trying to edit a book) or what, but my hands and fingers are hurting so much that typing is becoming very painful.  I do NOT want to give it up.. I'm just 30. I don't think they should hurt this much at 30. I know it's a petty request when others have so much worse things, but I love to write, and I love my blogs... I just need my hands to cooperate.  Any prayers would be appreciated.  AND if you have any prayer requests, post them and I'll definitely pray for them.

Also, if you'd like your blog listed in the blog directory, feel free to contact me.  I'd love for 365 to grow, but I know it won't be on my time.





1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I will be praying for you. I wonder if you have carpal tunnel or tendonitis? Either way, God knows and He can heal! :)

    ReplyDelete