Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Monday, March 26, 2012

day 280: Checking the Door

Jeremiah 1:19
They will fight you, but they will fail.
For I am with you, and I will take care of you.
I, the Lord, have spoken!

*****

We all need a hug sometimes.

Sometimes it's from our kids..

our spouses...

our parents...

our church family...

even strangers...

Everyone needs a hug.

Today at church, I wasn't feeling my best self, so I hugged up to my Mama (I'm 31... and I didn't care).

We all have a need (some people bigger than other) that need someone to take care of us. I remember when I was little, my Daddy used to check the door and the stove before he went to bed every night.

When I got married, I just 'assumed' that was something all men did.

Well, I was wrong. If the door gets checked at night, *I* have to do it (or tell him to do it)-- either way I have to think of it.

Sometimes I just get tired of having to take care of things, and I just want someone else to think so I don't have too (My brain hurts sometimes lol).

I need to take this verse and tattoo it on me somewhere I think.. or at least print it off and put it over my door. When I (we, us) feel down or are tired or just don't know what to do, remember that even when no one else will, God will take care of you.

God Bless You
~Kelly



2 comments:

  1. That is so encouraging! Even though no one else will take care of you...God will. That's a thought to keep with you at all times :)

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that last line, Kelly! God will always take care of us! He will never leave us nor forsake us so we don't ever have to be afraid or feel like we are alone.

    Great encouragement!

    ReplyDelete