Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Monday, March 12, 2012

day 266: God's Plans-- Guest Post by Kathy



Today's Guest Post comes from a special lady: my sister, Kathy :)
Kathy is in the process of becoming a preacher, and has a great facebook page called Prayer and Praise. Go check it out :)
I text Kathy on Friday and asked if she could write a 365. She awesomely wrote this one for you.  The verse she picked is one of my favorites!
Love you, Kathy :)
********************************
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV......For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
***********
Oh how I love this verse!!!! So much comfort and truth in it.
At my church, ( a very traditional, low key church), I have had the desire to stir them (and me) up. To praise the Lord the way he wants.
I had been racking my brain for a way to do that.
A few weeks ago, our pastor announced that the Lord was dealing with him about doing an early morning praise and worship style of service before the regular service. My heart skipped a beat! Was this what I had been praying for?
.
I told the pastor I would help him do whatever he needed me to do.
.
The other night he sent me a message that said that basically all he was going to do for the early service was say a welcome and read a little scripture. The rest of the service was mine. Oh My Goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME?
.
Even though I am going into ministry, I still feel fear, to be starting something that no one is used to. but also excitement. The unknown is a scary thing.
.
Little by little , God has been revealing to me what to do in this service. It's like God is saying, Ok Kathy, this is what I want. Are you going to do it?
.
Our ways are not his ways, our thoughts are not his thoughts. But, he has plans for us. Not to hurt us, but to prosper.
Am I afraid? Oh Yes!!! Most definately. I'm afraid I will disappoint my Lord. But if I do as God directs me, to His glory, it will not fail.
.
With God in it, it can only succeed!
.
Much Blessings,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment