Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

day 260: I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me


Deuteronomy 6:6-7

And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up.


*************************

People are forgetful little creatures. I know I am. I forget a lot of things. I have a little sign next to my door that has "Don't Leave This House Without...." and I have a list for myself and each of my kids. If I didn't have my list, I would forget something.

The same goes for God's Word. If we don't focus on it daily, hourly, all of the time, we tend to forget it. It's not that we mean too... it just happens. Life, the world, sneaks in and we lose focus.

Also, we have a big responsibility to teach our kids because, like us, if they aren't reminded, taught, brought up on the Bible/God, they will tend to forget it too.

This verse says that we are supposed to continually be telling our kids about God and all of this commandments. At home, on the road, in the morning, and at night.

That doesn't mean we have to shove it down their throats. Teaching about God can be as simple as:

*how you react to a situation (Kids are ALWAYS watching! Even when you'd rather them not be...)

*talking about the clouds, and how God made them

*watching shows with your kids and talking about choices the characters make-and whether they are moral.

*showing your daughter how to dress modestly (and still fashionable)

*showing your son how to treat a woman by how you treat his mother.

One of my favorite quotes is, "You may be the only Bible some people ever read." And the same goes for our kids. It's great to focus on God and teach them His commandments, but what you don't say is just as important.

If you fill your heart with God and Godly things, others have no choice but to see it through you.

God Bless You

~Kelly

Linked with: On My Heart Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Kelly...I love the quote "you may be the only Bible people may ever read"...it is so true. People look to us as examples...we never know who we are influencing. Plus...now you have that 80's (??) song in my head :)...hope you have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I am completely forgetful. If it is not written down and placed somewhere to see it often, I will never think about it again. Lol. I want to keep my focus on God at all times. I never want, even for a moment, to forget His grace, love and joy. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete