Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Thursday, March 22, 2012

day 276: Real Housewives of ......

Proverbs 14:1
A wise woman builds her home,
but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands.

**********

Have you ever thought about how easy it is to tear down your home? I have.....

If you focus so much on cleaning that you won't let anyone make a mess..... ever!

If you worry so much about messes that you don't let your kids  help you cook.....

If you fuss with your husband so much that your kids think of that as the 'norm'.....

If you nag your husband so much that he finally shuts down and does nothing.....

All of that can tear down a house, and so SOOO many more things!

What things can you think of that someone can do (not meaning to) that can tear a house down?

What can you do to stop it?

PRAY!

I'm not the easiest person to live with-- I know that. And I'm praying to be a more 'fun' and 'relaxed' wife/mother. 

I'm trying.......

What about you? What do you need to work on?

God Bless You,

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts, Kelly. Nothing can drive a wedge more than a complainer, nagger, etc. I'm not perfect in this area as well...prayer and constant work in this area is something I strive for. You see I'm what I call myself as a "reformed perfectionist" (even wrote about it)...but, I learned quickly we can't impose our expectations on others...we will push them away. Takes a lot of patience and prayer...just as you said :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erin. It's so nice to read a comment.

    ReplyDelete