Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Sunday, February 26, 2012

day 251: Your Own Work

Galatians 6:4-5
Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct.

*********************
Wouldn't be easier if we all just focused on our own work and were content with it?

But, we are human, we tend to look at other's work... other's success..... other's blessings and compare us to them.

I'm going to use blogging as an example. I have (at times) felt bad about not having as many followers as other blogs. I'd go to other blogs to read, and the first thing I'd look at was how many followers they had.

Question: Did the number of followers THEY had in any way reflect *MY* blog? No, of course not. They didn't have anything to do with each other, but they would in my mind.

From what I've read, other bloggers deal with the same thing.

And it's not just blogging. At church, you can see people doing things you'd like to do and you can get jealous of it. Same for ministries... jobs... anything.

Paul had a great point! If you focus on ourselves and our own work, we will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to others. If you do what God wants you to do, then what else could you want. You can pat yourself on the back for following God's leading.

In the end, we are only responsible for our own actions, our own ministry, our own blog, our own writing, our own teaching (whatever it is that you do for God). I'm responsible to the 61 followers I have on here and the readers God sends this way (I'm still floored that I have that many followers! I remember praying for 20 :)). I'm responsible for bringing them the words I feel God wants me too... and I'm responsible for encouraging them.

You are responsible for whatever God has given you to do, and do it to the best of your ability. Don't worry about numbers. God will send the people there who need to be there. He's awesome like that :)

God Bless You

~Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment