Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Saturday, February 18, 2012

day 243: 10 Commandments (The Sixth)

Deuteronomy 5:17
You must not murder.

*************************************

OH!!!!!!!!!!  A commandment I KNOW I haven't broken! HUZZAH!

I haven't ever killed someone. 

Let's back track to 'murder'. To me: Murder means to kill an innocent person intentionally. It might mean something different to you. I don't believe that soldiers are murderers. I don't believe that someone who causes an accident is a murderer. *I* believe murder is malicious and thought out.

Like I said, you can have a different idea, and that's fine. We all have to go with what God puts on our heart. I don't want to get into a debate on 'what is murder'.

So, I figure I'm pretty good on not breaking this commandment...

Oh.. wait....

Jesus said in Matthew 5:21,22 that hateful anger breaks this commandment. So... anytime you are mad at someone and wish them dead--  you are breaking this commandment. Anytime you 'hate' someone (remember anger leads to hate... hate leads to the darkside), you are breaking this commandment.

So, even if you don't actually murder someone physically-- you have broken this commandment morally if you have ever been angry/hate someone in your heart-- even for a second.

I'm So so sososoosososo glad that Jesus died for our sins so we can get forgiveness!

I don't know if I've ever plotted someone's demise, but I have really really REALLY disliked people (ok, hate would be a better word). What I was doing was sinning (even if I thought I was in the right). And that's not the way to be.

SO, even if I haven't physically murdered someone, even if I haven't plotted in my brain how to carry one out (that sounds awful doesn't it lol), I have had hate in my heart--- and Jesus said that's just as bad as murdering someone.


O-U-C-H!

Gotta do some repenting tonight!

How about you? Is this commandment cut and dry for you?

God Bless You

~Kelly (who needs to pray a whole lot....)


No comments:

Post a Comment