Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Monday, November 28, 2011

day 162: That little word "Everything"

Psalm 37:5
Commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust Him, and He will help you.

*******************************

We've talked about this before, but this verse jumped out at me tonight. 

It's is so easy to say that you commit everything to God..... but it is a totally different thing to actually do it.

We all have things in our life that are harder for us to commit to God. It could be a bad habit, a personal goal, or it could even be a ministry (yup).  Everyone starts off a ministry with good intentions, but then we sometimes get our own ideas mixed in instead of following what God wants.  That is when we fight Him... and that is when we struggle.

Sometimes, my husband prays for God to 'use our family'.  That always makes me worry a bit because in my human head I think, "Oh Lord, please don't make us do something 'too' out there".  The preacher told us today to Trust God because it's going to be His way anyway.  And that's true. 

Everything we do needs to be commited to God... that keeps you out of a LOT of trouble!  I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that I'm perfect.  Last night, I turned on a movie on TMC.  I had wanted to see it for a while but... can't say I knew there was 'that' much nudity in it (GLORY!).  I finally turned it off, and felt bad for watching it as long as I had. During those minutes, I wasn't committing everything I did to God... because I really don't think God wanted to watch that.  I  had to tell God I was sorry. (Tonight, I'm watching football by the way lol). 

If we have a desire or a want or something we feel strongly led to do, if we trust in God, he will help us.  And even if He tells us no, it's because He has something better in store for us.

God Bless You,

Kelly


1 comment:

  1. Commit everything? I know I fall short of that. I can commit a lot of things to the Lord, but there are some things I keep for myself. Great encouragement to learn, listen, and obey God's Word. Many blessings, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete