Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Thursday, November 17, 2011

day 151: "Never Give Up"

James 1:2-4
 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (NLT)

**********************

So, who has ever wanted to give up on something?

*Kelly raises her hand WAY up!*

My other blog Oh That Mom Again has had 2 'series' in the past few months. One was a nine week cleaning challenge. I think *maybe* two other people participated in it with me, but I was commited to it and saw it through... hard as it was honestly lol.

Now, next Monday is the last week of the"What is Love?" Bible study that I wrote over there.... it's not gotten the greatest response ever, but I made a commitment to God (even though I was so scared that no one would do it and I'd look like a dork.... but God said to "Just write it".  So I did.  And it is what it is. And it will be finished.)

Even though I wanted to give up on both of those things due to lack of response, I didn't because I had made a commitment to God that I would do it.

I believe that those things have helped me grow as a person and persevere when I normally would have quit. I'm more of the quiter when things get tough or not going my way.

Anyone else like that?

God puts things in our path so we will learn and grow from them.  Once we perserver though them, we realize how we have grown and changed, and what God has done for us.

I'm definitely not bragging on Kelly here because *Kelly* would have quit a long time ago... and when I did think about it, I would pray.  Then something would happen and I'd get encouragement to keep going.  Same with this blog. Same with life.


I'm working on a book (www.Nanowrimo.org ).  Do I think that the book will ever get published?  Who knows?  If God wants it to happen, it will. But I do know that I'm going to get through it. I'm going to meet my goal.  I'm a stronger person because of it.


I know many of you have LOTS more going on than silly blog posts and 50,000 words in 31 days.  Just know that God is using it to strengthen you.  I don't know what is going on in your life.  But I do know that God knew me well enough to show me how to stick with things, even when they are hard or not going the way I thought they should. 


I'm praying for you to see the light at the end of your tunnel soon.  That you can look back and see how God has strengthed you by bringing you through whatever you are going through.  If you are commited to doing something, stick with it and see it through.  There is a light at the end of the rainbow :)

God Bless You :)

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. God and I had a little conversation similar to this recently. When God lays something on my heart to post, I have to remember that first and foremost it is for me to learn and understand. Whether others read and respond is really up to God - it has nothing to do with me. Just keep being obedient to what God has called you to do, Kelly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this totally blessed my heart thanks

    ReplyDelete