Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Friday, November 11, 2011

day 145: Smile :)

Proverbs 15:30
A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.

***********

Have you ever felt bad (either physically or emotionally) and pased by you and smiled?  It literally makes your day.  There is something about someone smiling at you that just makes you feel kinda... special for that brief minute or two. 

Wouldn't it be nice to bring that to others? 

Smile, even when you don't feel like it.  Because even if you don't have the words... even if you don't feel the best about yourself, a smile is something easy that can make some else's day.  And really that's what we need to think about.

I was at Walmart the other day, and I looked around so I could count the people who were smiling.  Wanna know what I counted too...... zero!

The moms were in a hurry (I can TOTALLY relate).

The kids were wanting a toy or were tired and wanted to go home.

The dads were doing their own thing.

The cashiers were working.

I literally saw no one smiling.

It was sad.

Now, you migh ask yourself... WHY would I want to smile at Walmart?  Well, because everyone needs to cheering up... and definitely at Walmart... and DEFINITELY this time of year.

Today, make an extra effort to smile at someone.  It will (more than likely) allow them to return the favor.

God Bless you!

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. GREAT encouragement, Kelly! I just heard a message last night about this same thing. A smile and a kind word are free, easy gifts to give, but they make such a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete