Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Saturday, November 5, 2011

day 139: A weekend reminder

Psalm 9:1
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
I will be filled with joy because of you.
I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.

*****************

So..... show of hands.... who has been their best self this week?

*Um.... yeah, in case you are wondering, mine is not up.*

I've not been the best I've ever been this week.  I've had doubts, and I've allowed those doubts to take over things I shouldn't have let them.  I have prayed about it, and I'm getting through it.

I found (or I should say God lead me) to this verse tonight. 
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart.
*I want to praise with all my heart... I want the doubts to go away.  I want the fear to disappear.  I want to just praise the Lord-- and I am!

I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
*have I told you the things God has done for me? If not, I'm ashamed of myself.  God has allowed me to wake up this morning.  He took care of us on the road this afternoon (2 near wrecks).  He took care of my girls.  He gave me a word to give you. I now have 50 followers at oh that mom again which I never thought would happen!  He's an awesome feller!  He provides even when we don't look for it.

I will be filled with joy because of you.
*I have let the devil steal my joy this week.  Well, some of the days at least.  Satan doesn't give joy. He gives frustration, aggrivation, and annoyance.  Joy comes from God.  Ironically, our "sight word" for this week in my classroom was "joy".  I think it fit.

I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.
*I have sun Church songs all week... but I haven't really been praising while I was singing. I was just... singing... because I knew the words.  Tonight, while I was at supper with my husband and my kids, I had a song in my head. I didn't sing any of it... lo and behold my 6 year old started singing it, and my husband sang along.  I had to smile.  It must have been a song God wanted to hear.

I don't have a closing to this. Sorry about that. 

*IF you have a devotional blog you'd like to add to the blog directory, either write it in comments or send me an email at ohthatmomagain [at] yahoo [dot] com.  with the name of the blog, address, and a brief summary of it. I'd LOVE to have a fully functioning directory someday here on this little piece of the net. 

*As always, if you'd like prayers, please leave me a comment or an email. Even when I don't know what else to do, I find comfort in praying.  I want to help you get though anything you are facing.  If you need someone to pray for you, please email me or leave a comment.

God bless you...

Kelly



2 comments: