Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

day 157: Being Thankful

Psalm 95

New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 95

1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.
3 For the LORD is the great God,
the great King above all gods.
4 In his hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to him.
5 The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.

6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;
7 for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.

Today, if only you would hear his voice,
8 “Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah,[a]
as you did that day at Massah[b] in the wilderness,
9 where your ancestors tested me;
they tried me, though they had seen what I did.
10 For forty years I was angry with that generation;
I said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray,
and they have not known my ways.’
11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’”


**************************************************
Tomorrow, being Thanksgiving here in the States, we need to take time to reflect on all of the things we have to be thankful for.

Right this second, I have a crying 16 month old at my feet.  I am so thankful for her because there was a time when I thought I had lost her.

I have a 4 year old playing with her sister.  I am so thankful for both of those girls.  They have given me gray hairs, but also love, joy, and happiness.

My husband is at work. I am thankful for that for a few reasons.  1. He's making money.  2. He's feeling better.  3. It's giving me time to clean for tomorrow.

I am thankful that I have a job that I can be off the rest of the week with my girls.

I am thankful for so much... text messaging, my family, my church family, my internet friends, health etc. 

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

God Bless You :)

Kelly

Linking up with: Thankful Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. I love this psalm, Kelly! God is so good! This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for my friends and family to share the day with. I'm thankful for my fireplace keeping me warm and Hershey's candy cane kisses filling my tummy. :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete