Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Monday, November 21, 2011

day 155: James

James 2:19-20
You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God.  Good for you!  Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.  How foolish!  Can't you see that faith without good deeds is useless?

**************************

James is one of my favorite books of the Bible. He doesn't beat around the bush.  He's pretty straightforward in his thinking and what he stands for.  James says things in ways I wish I could.... but never would lol.

The preacher preached yesterday about James (can't remember the verse... sorry), and about how if you have faith that is awesome, it's what you need... but if you don't use that faith to help others, what good is it 'really'... for the good of the world anyway? 

Your faith and your believing in God will get you to Heaven, but what about everyone else?  What about all of the people you could have helped?

Good deeds won't get you to heaven in and of themselves. You have to be saved along with them, but if you don't have good deeds with your faith it means nothing for you in the long run.. eternally speaking of course.

If you have faith, show it by reaching out to others.  The church's Thanksgiving dinner was one of the most fun times I've had at church.  It was awesome to know that you are helping people. 

You don't have to wait for whatever your church is doing at the moment to spread good deeds around.  I don't want my life to be 'useless' because I didn't use my faith in God to help them.  I would probably feel bad about that.

How about you?  What good works do you do/can you do? 

It is a great feeling to help others :)  What are some simple ideas you all can think of to help others that don't take a lot of planning (I know we are all stretched for time right now).

God Bless You :)

Kelly



3 comments:

  1. James said faith without works is dead. If someone is cold and hungry and we say, "Jesus loves you," but do nothing to show them that love, then what good is that? People need to feel God's love through our actions. Great encouragement, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly - I also love that about James, straight to the point and no fluffiness. If we believe our God is big then we should in faith act on that. Great reminder to act on our faith and 'do for God'
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish blogger had 'like' buttons for you girls :) I'd use them for your comments definitely. :)

    ReplyDelete