Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Lord is my Shepherd by Wendy


The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want. He makes me down to lie. Psalm 23:1 (NLT)

 

It was over breakfast that he gave us our first sermon of the year.

 

It was unprepared and heart felt.

 

My father shared, “This year, ‘The Lord is my Shepherd. And I am the sheep.

 

This year I will follow the Shepherd where he leads.

 

I will trust that God knows the path ahead and the best places to rest, the best places to share a meal, and that he will protect me from predators that are out to get me.”

 

As you go into the New Year may you know the Lord as your Shepherd.

 

Will you trust God to be your Shepherd this year?

 

Did you enjoy this? Wendy writes regular devotionals over at ilovedevotionals.com You can also connect with her on Facebook and Twitter.


**Thank you so much for this, Wendy. It touched my heart. I needed it. Thank you :) ~Kelly
 

4 comments: