Day 24: Exodus 22-24
Moses, Aaron, Israelites
*This section has a lot of laws in it. Here are some that stood out to me…
· Don’t kill a thief in the daylight. That’s murder.
· Pay back more than you stole.
· You have to pray the wedding price if you seduce a virgin
· Don’t sleep (sleep) with an animal
· Don’t sacrifice to other gods
· Don’t exploit widows or orphans
· Don’t dishonor God or curse your rulers
· Don’t hold anything back from God.
· Don’t spread false rumors
· Don’t follow the crowd into doing wrong
· Don’t slant testimony to slander a poor person.
· Don’t take bribes
· Don’t walk by enemy if he/she is hurt
· Don’t cook a young goat in its mother’s milk (eeewww… that one’s sad)
*74 people ate and drank on
in the presence of the God. Mt. Sinai
Verses that Jumped Out at Me:
Exodus 24:18—And he Moses) remained on the mountain forty days and forty nights
Which law that you read jumped out at you like, “They needed a law against THAT?”
Tomorrow’s Reading: Exodus 25-27
*To find the reading plan I’m doing, click on the “Our
Plan for 2013” tab. Reading
*On January 31st, I’ll have a giveaway (I’m doing this at the end of every month). It will have to do with the reading (so I hope you’re keeping up ;) ) This month’s prize is an ebook copy of my book CROSSING THE DEEP and a $5 Amazon Gift Card