Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Let the Plagues Begin... (Day 19/365)


Day 19: Exodus 7-9

Main People:
Moses, Aaron, Pharaoh, Magicians

Key Points:
*Why do you think God made Pharaoh’s heart hard?

*We started reading about the plagues/signs in these chapters. God made Moses’s staff turn into a serpant and the river to blood…. Strangely (something I never caught before) the magicians could turn the water to blood too… how do you think that happened? (because I’m curious.)

*Then more plagues started:
  • First, blood. The fish died, river smelled, and people were without water.
  • Frogs (yuck!): Frogs completely covered the land. I would have had a panic attack… The magicians could make frogs do that too..
  • Gnats: All the dust became gnats. Eww… ewww… ewww
  • Flies: (which I assume would be just as bad or worse than gnats): Swarms covered everything. It would be like a picnic on steroids! You couldn’t sleep at night without flies flying down your throat!
(Rest will be in tomorrow’s reading… Are you still reading?)

Verses that Jumped Out at Me:
The big verse that stood out to me was Exodus 8:10. The frogs were horrible, people were miserable, Moses had promised to get rid of them since Pharaoh had agreed to let them go (for the time being), and what did Pharaoh say… “Do it tomorrow.”

Are you kidding me?

BUT we are the same way I think. We have burdens, and for some reason we just want to keep carrying them around. God wants to get rid of them for us, but we tell him, “Do it tomorrow.” And we wallow in it ‘Today’. Don’t let yesterday’s failures and tomorrow’s ‘maybe’s keep you from today’s blessings J


Question:
Which plague of the ones we’ve read about would you hate to live through the worst? I’m thinking blood for myself because… eww… But frogs would be a close second.

Tomorrow’s Reading: Exodus 10-12

*To find the reading plan I’m doing, click on the “Our Reading Plan for 2013” tab.

*On January 31st, I’ll have a giveaway (I’m doing this at the end of every month). It will have to do with the reading (so I hope you’re keeping up ;) ) This month’s prize is an ebook copy of my book CROSSING THE DEEP and a $5 Amazon Gift Card


~Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I Think God made Pharaohs heart hard because well God never lets anything Go easy. I believe he was doing it to test the Faith of Moses. To See if Moses would have enough Faith to go all the way. But as we know this certainly wasn't the last time he did test him.

    The plaque I could not have lived with is Flies. I HATE FLIES and Gnats are a close second.

    ____

    Mike
    Praytogodtoday.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete