Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 90: The Lord's Thoughts

Hebrews 11:33-35
Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways?
For who can know the Lord's thoughts?
Who knows enough to give Him advice?
And who has giving Him so much
that He needs to pay Him us back?

*********************************

Ok, I have to admit that this, part of this verse made me laugh-- at myself ;)

"Who knows enough to give Him advice?

Well, apparently *I* do-- or rather, I think I do.

If you are like me, you are a planner. I like to know exactly when, where, and what is going to happen. That is just how it is with me.  One of my girls is worse than I am about it.

SO-- sometimes I have a problem. It could be big or little-- doesn't matter.  But of course *I* (being all smart and all) work out the solution in my head and THEN pray to God that what *I* have figured out will happen.

Basically, I'm doing His job for Him.

I have thought for God-- I've made his decision for Him because I know SOOO much more than him (or so I think at the time).

And THEN, yeap, I get mad because what *I* have figured out (in my limited wisdom) hasn't come to pass.

I can just picture God, looking down on me, shaking His head, saying, "Oh Girl, you have a lot to learn."

Are you like that?  Do you give God advice? "Ok, God. I know I'm not You but if I *were* you, I'd definitely make me missions director at church.  You know that its something I'm good at." Or "Ok God, I have this job offer.  I know I want to take it, but I just wanted to make sure its what You want..... so give me a sign." Then the sign doesn't come and we get mad at God for forgetting us.

God knows much more than we know.  Our thoughts pale so much in comparison to His.  Things happen that we can't understand-- but God does. 

And we don't have to give Him advice... I think He has that covered. 

You know when we pray, "Thy Kingdom come... Thy will be done.."  we should probably mean it.  (Ok, Kelly getting whacked upside the head here... sigh )

Have a wonderful Saturday!  I just wanted to say that I can't believe this is day 90!!!  I love writing these.. I love that God allows me to write them (trust me-- it ain't me...), and I hope they bless you as much as they do me. 

Thanks so much for the support. It means a lot :)

God Bless You!

Kelly


1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this big time, Kelly! I am slowly learning that the prayer that never fails is, "YOUR will be done, Lord."
    I love your posts. They always speak to my heart. In fact, Encourage 365 is the Featured Blog at 2 Encourage from today, September 18 thru Saturday, September 24th! My prayer is that this will help others to discover the encouragement and spiritual challenge that you offer here.
    Blessings!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete