Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 89: Our Plan; God's Path

Proverbs 16:9
A man's heart plans his way,
but the Lord directs his steps.
(NKJV)

*********************************

Kelly (me) had a plan for her life.

Kelly was going to become a Kindergarten teacher.

Kelly was going to get married.

Kelly was going to have kids once she was married a few years- quit work and become a Stay At Home Mom.

*KELLY* had lots of plans-- God had others....

GOD had a plan for Kelly's life

God made a way for Kelly to become a special education teacher (something I never really wanted to be-- but LOVE now and wouldn't want to teach anything else :).)

God allowed me to get married (so we both got that one lol)

God made it possible for me to have kids-- however, I never got that plan of becoming a Stay at home mom fullfilled. I was a bit upset by that for a while (ok, it was on the back of my mind for about 5 years lol).  Finally, I realized (with God's help) that God has placed me where He wants me.  I love my school kids.  I love my classroom.  I have accepted that God has me there for a reason-- even if it wasn't *Kelly's* "ideal" plan.

When we have situations in our lives that go against 'our' plans, we need to remember that God is stearing us to where we NEED to be... not necessarily where we WANT to be.  But when we get to the destination, man, it could be better than we could ever have imagined. 

God knows what we are good at/what we need much more than we do.  And isn't it cool that he takes time to take time for us instead of just saying, "Ok, sure whatever you want."-- giving us anything we want-- but ignoring us.

I'm glad God's plans have differed from mine.  It's been hard, but now, looking back, I see it was definitely for the best.  Our plans are filtered through human hearts-- but God's plans are formed from an Almighty power. I'd say 'Almighty' trumps 'Human' any day.

Your encouragement today is if you aren't where you thought you'd be right now in your life, stop and see if you can figure out why God put you there.  What are you doing for Him in your current situation?  Can you see why your plan would have never worked out?  Do you still long for your dreams?  Can you see how/why God has taken you down another path?

God Bless You!

Kelly

linked with Brag on God Friday

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! I have been thinking about where and what I would be doing if I had stayed on the path I was on. Thank God he knows best! Love ya ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say this a lot, but God's ways are not our ways, neither are His thoughts like our thoughts. He has a plan and a purpose and we just have to trust that His way is best. Many blessings, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly - great points you've made - stop and see why God has put you on the path you're on and line yourself up with His will, not your own.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've definitely been in a place where I'm thinking about this a few times a week. I'm not where I'd thought I'd be... I thought by this age (25) I'd be married with a child, and be a stay at home mom. Instead, I have been unemployed for 17 months and live with my parents. I'm not married, but I have met the man God's picked for me... and he lives in India. We don't have money to get to one another yet, but we're working on getting me a passport. Do I still long for my dreams? Yes, but except timing there's been nothing God's said to say I won't get it, yet. Do I long for things to be the way I thought they would be? No.. I wish I had a job, I wish I had a car, I wish I had a place of my own... but I know God's got a plan, even when I can't see it. I do trust Him. And I see, at least a little, while He didn't let what I wanted to happen happen... but I admit, I still struggle with trying to figure out why I'm where I am. But I'm waiting on Him, so, it will be good.

    ReplyDelete