Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 82: 'Thank You'

Psalm 75:1
We thank you, Oh God!
We give thanks because you are near.
People everywhere tell of your wonderful deeds.

******************************************************

My husband said something interesting today.  I wasn't being my best self (ok, there might have been tears involved--- I'm apparently a crier lol).  I wasn't mad-- I was just sad (silly, silly things, but I let them get to me).

ANYWAY-- my husband (bless him) said, "Just raise your hands to God and give thanks even when the words won't come."

My husband is a smart man :)

I like this verse because the psalmist didn't say, "I thank you when you answer my prayers."  He didn't say, "We thank you when you perform miracles."

No, it says we give thanks because "You are near."  Simply because God is near us, we thank Him. 

That's a pretty simple/complex statement. 

God is God.  He can choose to do anything He wants.  But He chooses to be with us-- to comfort us, laugh with us, cry with us, feel with us.  He doesn't run in the bad or disappear in the good.

I do this at Oh That Mom Again for Thankful Tuesday, but I wanted to do it here too.  I want to "tell of (His) wonderful deeds."

I am thankful for:

1. A praying family
2. A God who loves me-- and shows His love.
3. Kids who care enough to pray for me.
4. The here and now
5. And time to think back and thank Him.

What are you thankful for today?  Have you told someone about God's wonderful deeds?I

I have a special prayer request-- my friend and I are going to the 'big city' to an inservice.  We have nothing but my car, a tank of gas, Google Maps, God, and your prayers guiding us... So, help a girl out :)  Thanks :)

God Bless You, Kelly




3 comments:

  1. God is always near, and for that we should always be thankful. Many blessings - and prayers, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. that means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for: a husband who does what's right even when it's unpopular and cost him great personal difficulty; a friend who loves my children and fills in the grandma gap and teenagers who love spending time with their parents.

    ReplyDelete