Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Monday, February 11, 2013

Wanting More (day 42/365)

Numbers 10-12


There isn't a lot to write about with today's reading. The Israelites were complaining because even though God had given them food, it wasn't the type of food they wanted.

I think we can all relate to that. God blesses us with things, but it's not exactly what we want or how we want it OR when we want it. As humans, we always want 'more'.

I remember thinking, "God, if you can just let me write a first draft of a novel, I'll be happy...."

"God, if you can help me get an agent, I'll be happy...."

"God, if you can get this book published, I'll be happy...."

"God, if I can sell (so many) books, I'll be happy..."

"God, if I can be in paperback, I'll be happy...."

Sheesh, I should be the happiest person in the world because I have 3 1/2 complete first drafts. 3 are contracted to a book publisher and one is 22,000 words in. It's always 'something' else will make me happy..

When the Israelites got the quail, they were happy-- but it ended up killing some of them. God knew the manna was best for them, but ended up giving them what they were complaining for.

It's very easy to fall into that trap!

Do you have  'something' that will make you happy? Will it really make you happy or do you think you'll want something bigger and better?

~Kelly

**OUR FEBRUARY GIVEAWAY IS A FREE COPY OF THE SENTENCE BY ELAINE CANTRELL :)


 

2 comments:

  1. Phil 4:11 says, "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." The key word is learned. It doesn't come natural, at least not for and the Israelites. Great post! Thanks for the reminder that God provides what is best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete