Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Sunday, February 3, 2013

In Which Kelly Discusses Bodily Functions... (Day 34/365)

WARNING: Body Function Talk Ahead!!!

Leviticus 13-15

This post is late because, honestly, I was watching the Super Bowl (sorry about that).

I wish I had read it sooner because these 2 chapters are some of my favorite in Leviticus.

Why?

I have no idea!

I just find them interesting.

Lev. 14:54 pretty much sums it up: "These are the instructions for dealing with serious skin diseases, including scabby sores, and mildew, whether on or in a house, and a swelling on the skin, a rash, or discoloration of skin."

Part of it is... ewwww.....

And part of it is... ahhhh!!!....

There are 2 other parts (the last 2 chapters) that interest me. Of course, being a lady, I found the menstrual cycle thing interesting (and very cool that it's even mentioned in the Bible. Not to be graphic, but I bet it was an... ordeal... back then dealing with that. They didn't have-- wings.)

The other part is the entire chapter 15-- male bodily discharges.

Now...

The first time I read this in B90, this caught my eye and I had to text my sister about it (aren't you glad you aren't my sister?)

Basically, the first part is a man with a 'discharge'.

And the second part of the chapter is when a man 'discharges' his... uh... self. His happy swimmers as it were.

Here's my question... how many different types of 'discharges' are there? The whole first part of Ch. 15, I *thought* I knew what was going on, but then at the end I was like, no... I had no idea. 

I think I 'might' know, but I don't exactly know--

The bottom like is God cares about your health, and wash, wash, wash!

So, there ya have it... aren't you glad you waited all day for this post ;)

BTW, check back tomorrow because Rebecca Aarup actually has a GREAT post for you (and, as far as I know, there aren't any discharges...)

~Kelly


2 comments: