Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

day 338: The Sparkle in Your Eye

Psalm 13:3
Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.

****************
I admit that I've lost a certain sparkle in my eye. I guess you could call it a bit of writer's block mixed in with I can't do this. 

I'm sure you can relate in some way.

There are times when we aren't as sparkly as others: 
*in our marriages

*with our kids

*with our jobs

*with our hobbies

*with our relationship with God.

*etc.

There are times when things seem boring or mundane or you just do something because you are supposed/have always done it. It's ok to have those days-- but it's not ok to give up during those times. Take a break, take time for yourself, talk, pray about it before you quit or stop or get so badly beaten down that you don't see a way out. 

God will put a sparkle back in your eye.

Yesterday, I couldn't imagine writing anything else ever again (did I mention the 'I can't do this' part?...) Today, I've written all of this AND have decided to write a short story for an opportunity to be read by my favorite author (Colleen Coble). And... Well I've been trying to work out the kinks in novel number 2 (while trying not to think about #1). 

It's fun to go back and see how God answers prayers-- If you've lost your sparkle, pray about it. Life is dull without it.

God Bless You.



1 comment:

  1. Great encouragement Kelly! Things can seem overwhelming when we're in the middle of the situation. That's why it's so important to go back and recall all the times God has moved in our lives. When in doubt, pray. Love it!

    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete