Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Monday, May 7, 2012

day 322: Why Do You Go do Him?

John 6:26
Jesus replied, "The truth is, you want to be with me because I fed you, not because you saw the miraculous sign."

****************

I just finished writing my first book (bells... whistles... happiness...). In the book, the man feller, Asher, turns to God because he has no other options (and his woman needs his help). He turns to God because he needed something from God.


Which is common I think.


Even among Christians, sometimes we only turn to God when we need something from him.

Thousands of people literally hunted Jesus down because they wanted something from him (hint: it wasn't salvation....). They wanted him to feed them like he had the day before. They wanted something so they sought him.

Asher wanted something from God-- so he seeked him.

What about you? Do you seek Jesus because you need something or because you are thanking him for everything he has given you?

I have to laugh... I was going to end this post with a request to pray for this book to find an agent--- but wouldn't that just defeat the point? I don't need to just ask for things from Jesus-- He's not a genie (of course, he does like us to ask, but he likes us to just talk too sometimes).

So I'm going to say this-- Lord, thank you for giving me the idea and ability to write this book... now, please make it possible for others to read it (in paperback).

God bless you :)

~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment