Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Monday, September 24, 2012

Going Through the Motions by Mike R.


and  forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" 

Matthew 6: 12


      I'm sure all of us here go to church every Sunday or our traditions on Saturday evening mass. But regardless of which Christian church and when, we all go, at one point or another we pray. Every time we go to mass we say the Our Father. It's the prayer that we say every Sunday simply because Jesus gave it to us in Matthew 6: 9 -13. 

      When I was at church on Sunday, I just didn't say some of the responses just to see one thing.  I got what I was looking for. I was just seeing how meaningful our responses are. And,well, at the church I go to we all sounded like meaning less robots.

     Outside of mass we often say things we don't mean. In such and day in age like we live in today,  people will add jk ( just kidding) at the end to make it not bad. That's what society is these day. We just take a whole bunch on meaningless words. 

       How many of us mean or at least understand what we are saying at church? Are you just like a robot.. saying what it's told to? Or do you put a meaning in what you say? This verse from the Our Father is a verse we usually "just say",  but this is probably the biggest and most meaningful verse in the whole prayer. In this one verse we are asking God to forgive us as we forgive others. But isn't it hard to forgive and easy to hold grudges; hard to look at that person the same and easy to put the title of unforgiving on them? Well then we are putting that own title on ourselves. God wants us to forgive. YES, it will be hard to forgive, but it's something he wants us to work at. 

How can we expect God to forgive us if we don't forgive our neighbor? Our Brother? Our parents? We must forgive them to be forgiven. God wants to see us with a happy relationship with everyone.

"...if you gold anything against anyone,forgive them, so that your father in heaven may forgive you your sins"

MARK 11 :25


__________

MIKE

PS I have made a NEW BLOG! My new blog is praytogodtoday.blogspot.ca I have felt a need to start a new blog so i did.. Please follow me there and lets create a praying community there :) Thanks

***I'm so sorry that the blog link was wrong today. I sincerely apologize if anyone was offended. ~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment