Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Encouragement from Above by Jan Christiansen


"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." 2 Thessalonians 2:16,17
 
I love this web site! Encouraging one another is a wonderful thing, but sometimes, no matter how much someone tries to encourage us, our hearts just won’t be lifted. That’s because sometimes the spiritual battle is so fierce that there’s only One who can pick us up and speak words of encouragementdeep into our heart, our soul...our spirit. Only the voice of Jesus Christ himself and God our father can break through the darkest night and bring us into the light of His incredible love.
 
Are you facing something so disheartening that you can’t talk yourself out of discouragement? Have others tried to reach out, but still, your heart is heavy with despair?  Reach out to Jesus. Saturate yourself with words of encouragement from His Word. Place your trust in Him and speak it out loud so that all the forces of evil will know that your faith is in the Lord Jesus.
 
My friend, I’ve been where you are now, and I’ll probably be back there again someday, but only for a brief moment, because I now know where to go for help...
 
But you are a shield around
me, O Lordyou bestow glory
on me and lift up my head.
Psalm 3:3
 
I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
2
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2

~By Jan You should go visit her blogs and be blessed...  She Fancied Herself a Writer and Fellowship of Christian Bloggers

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Powerful word this morning Jan....Powerful word!!!!
    Sorta leaves me speechless....

    Thank you for such a great post!!
    Blessings my friend~
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete