Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 40: When you think you are right....

Proverbs 12:15~ Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.

************************

Ok.... who does this verse kick in the bottom today???? *ME!* (Rises Hand high!)

And I hate to admit it, but it's not the SECOND part of the verse (the 'The Wise Listen to Others') that hits me.

So that leaves.... Fools think their own way is right...

Yep, I'm a fool more often than not....

Sometimes, I believe that my way is the ONLY way.

What about you?  Are there things you think you HAVE to be right about?

Do you argue with your spouse about things that you just KNOW you are right over... not listening to their side of the story? How about a co-worker?....  How about a relative?....

How about God?...

OH.. yeah... that one hurts.

How about when we think we know better than Him?  When we think our way is the only way... our TIME is the ONLY time... our METHOD is the only METHOD.... Because, of course, we know best.....

We have to change our thinking (Ok, *I* have to change my thinking).

It's WISE to listen to others. It's not only wise, it's best practice, and it's the right thing to do.  We don't have to listen in the sense of being naive and believing everything we read/hear.  But we should listen to WISE councel and then pray about it.

As for God... it takes lots of faith to listen to Him fully... it takes COMPLETE faith to listen to Him AND do what He tells us to do. 

I don't know about you, but I'm praying about this and want to do it in my life.

God Bless You :)

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly - battling to write this comment as my hands are raised! Excellent post. I don't want to be thought of as a fool.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this hits me in the bottom too. ;) I'm a fool too often, but I want to be wise. Absolutely something I am praying about. Many blessings, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete