Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 23: Just The Way You Are

Psalms 139:13-14-- You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvelous- how well I know it.

**************

You know the worst part of magazines?

Looking at all of the beautiful (and handsome) people.

And they are beautiful.

They are just as beautiful to God as you are!

But we forget that sometimes.  We look in the mirror and see every single imperfection we have-- and maybe some we don't have and are just in our minds (What?! My left eye is a smiggin bigger than my right!? How ugly is that?!?!)

We forget that God made us just the way he wanted us. He didn't give you Uncle Edward's nose to punish you.  Everything God creates is beautiful to him.  Why would he think one nose is better than another?

God was with us from the beginning.  From our conception to the very first flicker of our heart to now and beyond.  He knew what we'd look like.  He knew if we'd have a disability.  He knew us and wove us "wonderfully complex".  His "workmanship is marvelous".  YOU are MARVELOUS! 

God made us and loves us--- just the way we are.

Thank the Lord for making us all different. How borning and monotonous would it be if we all looked the same-- even if all of us ladies looked like Angelina Joli?

God Bless You

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly - Excellent post and just what I needed to hear today. ps: I have no desire to look like Angie! Too much effort
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need to remember this, Kelly. God made us beautiful and we are perfect just the way we are.

    ReplyDelete