Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Short, Sweet, and Simple by Jan Christiansen


Short, Sweet & Simple
“Do to others as you would like them to do to you.” Luke 6:31 NLT

What a short, sweet and simple verse.

Look at life through the eyes of a troubled friend and think...”What would I like people to do for me if I were in that situation?” and then do it.

Yes, there are some things that you can’t do, like pay off all their bills, restore their health or un-break their heart, but there’s always something comforting we can do.

I really wanted to list a bunch of simple, loving things we can do for those who are down, but every time I start it, I delete it. Perhaps the Lord wants to whisper some things to you Himself when you are wondering what to do for your friends or maybe He already has...just do what you would want them to do for you in the same circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment