Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 74: "Oh Lord... Give me strength..."

1 Peter 4:10-11
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spritual gifts.  Use them well to serve one another.  Do you have the gift of speaking?  Then speak as thought God himself were speaking through you.  Do you have the gift of helping others?  Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ.  All Glory and power to Him forever and ever! Amen.

*********************************************

I am tired.

There... I said it.

I'm tired.

I've worked all day.

I've taken care of my kids when I got home.

I've done some cleaning.

I'm tired.

So, I had the bright idea that I'd LOVE to write a 365 about the Lord giving you strength.

Little did I know that *this* is what the Lord was going to lead me too.

"Do you have the gift of helping others?  Do it with all the strength  and energy that God supplies."

So, my exhausted need to find a verse on God giving ME strength lead me to a verse on God giving me STRENGTH to help OTHERS.

Got it, God.  Thanks ;)

God doesn't just give us strength to help ourselvesHe gives us the strength to help the people around us.
Have you ever had a time when you knew you needed strength, and you saw where God not only gave you strength for yourself.... but gave you the extra umph to help someone else who needed it?

I'm sitting here with a knowing grin.... yeap, God.... I hear ya :)

God Bless You :)

Kelly

Linked with: Best of 2011 Blog Hop

5 comments:

  1. HI Kelly - excellent post.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see your grin, because I know the smile of, "yep God, I get it." ;) Love how God works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get tired, I stop focusing on the what of the task and move to why and most importantly Who. When I focus on living my passion and purpose for God, my tired melts into His strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from your newest follower from the Mod'N'Natural Blog! I was discouraged today with a situation, but it was good to remember that my situation was given to me by God... and I need to put that in His hands and let HIM lead me & give me strength.

    We would love to have you join us for the Worship Wednesday Blog Hop :o)
    http://naturalmommas.blogspot.com/2011/08/worship-wednesday-8312011.html

    ~Rebecca~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower from the Wednesday blog hop. Your post gave me such encouragement. Your blog is amazing and I enjoyed reading it. God bless you.

    Feel free to follow back.
    www.wewillwalkforeverholdinghands.blogspot.com

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete