Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 56: Sin holding you back

1 Timothy 1: 15-16

This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners"-- and I am the worst of them all.  But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners.  Then others will realize that they, to, can believe in Him and receive his eternal life.

****************************

I really like the story of Paul... not the whole "murderer" part, but the fact that God whacked him up upside the head (pretty literally), saved him, and used him to spread his word.  Paul didn't ask anyone if he was saved... he didn't consult anyone... he didn't even tell a holy leader he was going to do it... he just got on his own 2 feet and started preaching. 

And he didn't try to hide his past either. 

Well, he was pretty famous (infamous most likely actually) as an oppressor of the Christians.  I'm sure most people around that area had heard of him.  I mean, if someone was hunting down Christians, I'm sure it would be big news.  Even if they hadn't seen him, I'm sure his "legend" had spread.

So, even if he wanted, I'm sure he couldn't have glassed over his past.... but he didn't anyway.  He accepted who he was, what he did, was sorry for it, and did everything he could do to spread Jesus' story to the same people he had been against.

He never said (or at least he didn't write it), "God, you can never use me. I did horrible things." Nope, he thanked God for forgive his sins and then went on to do the work God had for him.

Paul is an awesome example of "If God can save him, he can save me."  A lot of times, people think they have sinned too much to be saved........ but like Paul says, that's not true.  "Then others will realize that they, to, can believe in Him and receive his eternal life"

Paul didn't worry about what he had been.... but he rejoiced in what he was now :)

I love that. :) 

God Bless You!

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly - yes, sounds like Paul was focusing on the present and not the past and like you say grateful to be forgiven.
    Great post
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete