Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 50~ A Little Story

Romans 10:9-10, 13
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.  For "Everyone who calls on the Lord will be saved."

***************************************

I was saved at the age of 12 at a Baptist church Vacation Bible School-- in the bathroom.

Yep-- one of the most important moments of my life-- was in a bathroom.

Now, I wasn't using the bathroom (not that it would have mattered--- just wanted to get that out there).

The point is I knew I wanted/needed Jesus in my heart, but was too shy to up front.  I wanted to be alone..... of course, I wasn't truly alone.

I asked.

I accepted.

I felt peace.

I told my teacher.

She told the preacher.

We had a chat.

That was it :)

Simple.  Easy.  Awesome

We told my parents, my preacher (I didn't go to that church) and got baptised a few months later.

One thing that I really remember about it (and I remember most of that night), is when I got home Daddy (who was already in the bed) got up and gave me a thumbs up..... and went back to bed.  My Daddy didn't speak much.  He always said that he thought people only had a certain amount of words and when they were used up, that was it.  His words "ran out" unfortunately on 1/17/03 at the age of 62 after a very short battle with lung cancer.  The point is that I knew my Daddy was happy... and I knew that he loved God.  You could just tell it on him.  That's how I want to be. 

That's my story.

What's yours?

Some people get saved at the alter... some get saved at home.... some get saved out on a tractor... some get saved in a bathroom (hey, it worked :) )

If you don't have a story, would you like one?

Once you decide to accept Jesus, to believe in him, the rest is really easy.  You simply ask God to forgive you of your sins... you believe that Jesus is God's son... and that he died and rose again.  After that, man, the weight just lifts off.... and when the weight comes back, you just pray for Jesus to take it again.  That's it.  Doesn't hurt at all. :)

God Bless You!

Kelly

**PS.... this is the 50th day!!!!  I can't believe it!  It's has gone so fast.  Thank you so much for reading.  I love writing them... I'm so blessed that God allows me (I love to write).  I hope they bless you as much as the bless me (and hit me upside the head sometimes).

**ALSO, if you didn't notice, we have a new URL (YAY!).  My preacher calls this "The blog with the really long title that I can't remember."  Well... it's not long any more :)  Please spread the word.  http://www.encourage365.com/  Thanks so much!!! :)



2 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to share today, not only my testimony (as I had planned) but also how I came about it. It's just one small part, but it's there and its important. Anyway, over on my sad attempt at having a religious blog. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it! :) It's NOT a sad attempt. I'm excited that you are going toward the religious blog :) I really do like your blog :) if you had a button, I'd grab it and add it here. I'm glad that this inspired you.

    ReplyDelete