Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 53: A Topic I Don't like to Talk About Much...

1 John 4:17
And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect.  So we will not be afraid on the day of Judgement, but we can face Him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.

*********************************


I'm going to write something pretty open here.  I don't talk about it much, but here lately my daughter  has been asking a lot of questions about it, so I've had to think about it because I want to be truthful with her.

I'll admit it here though in case you all think that I am the 'perfect' Christian (because you all thought that, right?! ;) )

I don't like talking about dying... and I don't like talking about Judgement day.  Revelations is my least favorite book in the Bible and when the preacher says he's going to preach on it, I cringe.

The thought of no longer being 'here' makes my chest hurt.  I get a bit claustrophobic when I think about it long.

It's not that I don't think I'll go to Heaven.  I know I will.  I'm not worried about that.  I'm happy about that.  But I'm not 'excited' about going, kwim?  It's not like I look forward to it or Judgement day. I'm not one of the Christians who pray for Jesus to come back soon. 

This is hard to write....

I'm not afraid of Judgement day... I'm afraid of not being... 'here'. 

I'm working on it.

I want to live on Earth and enjoy it.  I want to spread God's word.  I want as many people as I can to come to Heaven with me when the time comes.  But I don't want to rush it.

Am I making sense?

I know there are lots of people like me.  I don't think it's wrong to not like to talk about dying.  However, it is wrong to not make plans for where to spend our afterlife. 

When the time comes, I want to face God and have him be proud of me.  I want him to smile when He sees me and say that I did good. 

We need to live in God on earth because that's how our love grows.   I can tell when I kinda put God on the backburner how differently I feel. I don't feel as loving.  Things get to me more.  The more I am with God... the more I feel love toward others.  We need that so that we can stand in front of him on Judgement day and not be afraid. 

I'm sure this post is a ramble... but I hope the point gets across.  Lets live in God... feel his love and his joy so we can spread it to others... so on the day of Judgement we are able to not be afraid... to know we did what we were supposed to do while on Earth.

God Bless You!

Kelly

(linked with Women Living Well )

6 comments:

  1. Hi kelly - I know what you mean. I kind of feel bad sometimes because I think there is so much more to get done here. But I think maybe thats only because we do not have the faintest clue how awesome God's home is. The word says we cannot even imagine. We think when its good here, its good. But heaven must be awesome. I with you on the whole I don't want to die thing. I could do the rapture though!!!
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what Tracy said. All we "know" is life on this earth. So we compare goodness with things we see and feel here. But God is good! Nothing on this earth compares with Him. And where He is is where I want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You 2 have very good points :) I'm glad you took the time to post them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no disgrace in not wanting to leave this earth. It is a beautiful place God created for us to live our lives and to grow closer to Him. I believe you have found and important key…it’s not the dying so much as it is the living and the goodness we can bring into other people’s lives. I am so grateful I found your blog.
    Thanks for joining our vB Christian Mom’s Blog Hop! I look forward to reading about your experiences a Christian Mom!
    Happy Wednesday,
    Becky Jane
    http://RiseAboveYourLimits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to found your blog through Christian Mama hop! :) Come visit me soon!

    praisesofawifeandmommy.blogspot.com

    I am your newest blog follower! :)

    April

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with Becky on this one. There is nothing wrong with wanting to slow things down a little and enjoy the beautiful earth God created for us. He wants us to enjoy this place and all the awesome blessings He showers us with. I'm like you in that way too. For me, it's the thought of not being here for my children. To watch them grow up. To hug them. To kiss them. To talk to them. That's what breaks my heart when the subject of death comes up. Yes, I know I'll be able to spend eternity with them. I just don't want to spend a single day in the meantime without them. :)

    Many blessings,
    Rosann

    ReplyDelete