Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 5: The "Levels" of Sin?

Romans 3:23-24~ For everyone has sinnned; we all fall short of God's glorious standards.  Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penality for our sins.

This goes along with what we talked about yesterday--All have sinned, so we best not judge.

But today's verse goes a bit farther.

Do you know the difference between big and little sin?

Yeah, of course, that is a trick question.  To God-- all sins are equal.  Murders are no better/worse than liars.  Adulterers lumped with prideful people....

I don't know about you, but that's hard for me to swallow.

I, with my little white lies (at times), am no better than a cold, hearted murderer in God's eyes.

Well, Kelly!  I thought these were supposed to be UPLIFTING!  That's pretty depressing! (I love how I can read your mind....)

It IS uplifting.... Read on!

God doesn't catagorize sin like human's do.  He used Saul-- a murder-- to become a leader for Him-- to bring people to Him.  What would have happened to Saul, to those Gentiles, to the Bible, to us,  if God hadn't forgiven Saul his sins?

Saul was the worst of the worst (a man who killed in the name of 'God')-- but became Paul, the best of the best.

All sins are equal in God's eyes, that true... but the good in that is that all forgiveness is equal as well!  We don't have to sacrifice a dove for lying and a hundred bulls for murder. Jesus died and came back for ALL sins.  "BIG and small"-- you just have to ask.

See, I told you it was uplifting!!!! 

Thank you, Lord, for forgiving my sins. 

God bless you :)

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Uplifting doesn't even begin to describe that. All we have to do is confess our sins and we're forgiven! Amazing! And I never thought about the big sin, little sin before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! :) I'm so glad that this has blessed you. It did me when I read it. God is so good :)

    ReplyDelete