Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 1: What Do You Want to Do..."

Proverbs 3:6-- Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.


What do you want to do with your life? 

Wow....  hard hitting question right off the bat!

Do you ever have the desire for..... something?

Are you at a crossroads and unsure which way to go?

Ever have this nagging feeling that you should do..... something/anything and you just aren't doing it for whatever reason?

It could be a spiritual 'something' or it could be a physical one (like putting off cleaning that huge ginormous mess because it looks too big to start... I mean, where to even begin????)  Either way, the best way to figure out which path to take is to pray about it. Pray that God show you which path to take.

A few months ago, I started praying-- asking God what I could do for Him.  It was the beginning of my 'cleaning craze' (which I'm still on...) and I had came across a daily organizing sheet from http://www.moneysavingmoms.com/ with a section for Extra Ministry...

Whoa. Baby!

I didn't even have a ministry.. much less an extra one! 

I started praying-- God, what can *I* do?

I work full time, have 3 small girls, can't really do anything outside the home because of scheduling conflicts (they go to bed early)..... Lots of excuses... but a willing heart... What can *I* do?

I love to write.. always have.  I love to be goofy and talk (I'm the youngest child..I think it comes with the territory...) so OBVIOUSLY I should sing praises on YouTube... right?  Um... no.  No, God gives us gifts for a reason.  Don't think a YouTube channel was in my future (although.. you never know I guess!).  It hit me like a ton of bricks--I could write... on the internet...were other people could read.... from my home... after the girls go to bed!!
HUZZAH!

Sure it sounds like a 'Duh' moment now, but it actually took a while for the lightbulb to click for me..

So that lead to http://www.ohthatmomagain.blogspot.com/ (the sister site to this one) which lead to here.

If you are like me and had no idea what path to take--in faith--in life... pray about it- "Seek Him"... He won't lead you wrong.

HOWEVER-- with all that said, it's up to YOU to make the first move.

YOU can pray and God can beat it in your head that you need to be-- say-- a children's leader at church.  It does no good until YOU listen and make the first move.

The first step is the hard part-- deciding to add a 'second' blog devoted to the Bible was the hart part- but every step after gets easier.

So, what do you want to do?  Even if you have no idea... you can pray, listen, and act. If its the wrong thing, God will tell you.  But in the mean time, you learn and you grow, and you get in the habit of making that first step.

God bless you :)

Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun managing the "sisters". Very exciting for you to have two blogs going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting, nerveracking, about the same, right? ;) Thank you so much for subscribing to this one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do this Kelly! I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete