Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 3: .... Because You Do Not Ask

James 4:2-- You desire and do not have, so you murder.  You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask.

If you are a parent, you know how it is. 

You are in the store.  You just need one.more.thing.  Just one.  One little measly thing and then you check out...

And then you pass by 'something'.  Whatever it is to make your kid go wild-- first with a nice "I want that!" then to a major tantrum in the middle of the aisle... with everyone around.... staring.... at you.

Oh.......... we have all been there.  And if we haven't, we've all seen it play out.  It's frustrating, but it's life with a child.

And how did that parent know without a shadow of a doubt what that child wanted?  Because.... (say it with me) They asked!

Now, I personally wouldn't recommend having  a major come apart tantrum to God...... (Though, I'm sure I have had a few in my lifetime...).  The point, however, is that God listens to all of our prayers.  He knows what we want, but He also likes for us to ask.

What is the worst that can happen (if I was to ever write a book, I think I'd name it that.. I seem to use it a lot!)?  God may say, "No." but that doesn't mean that is the end.  Maybe had has a better 'gift' later on.  Maybe He is waiting.. bidding his time to give us something else/better.  We can't see it as humans, but God can.  A 'No' from God can be a good thing.  Sometimes, it can keep us out of a whole lot of trouble in the long run.

So, if you desire something, ask for it.  With God (as with life), the worse anyone can say is "No."

God Bless You!

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I like this one. Sometimes when we ask we get impatient and try to hurry God along and try to do it myself then I really mess up. Or at lest that's what I do... love ya ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes... patience is SO hard. We want things now! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete