Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 10: "With God ALL things are possible."

Matthew 19:26-- Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible.  But with God everything is possible.

************

How's THAT for a promise?!?

With God All things are possible.

Everthing--
*a cure for cancer
*breaking long-time habits
*moving a mountain

All things.....

Nothing is impossible for Him----so (and here is the hard part) why doesn't he do everything we ask for?

Have you ever watched the movie Bruce Almighty?  There were some things I didn't agree with about that movie, but some things I did like.  Bruce, acting as God, answered everyone's 'Email Prayers' "Yes", thinking it would make them all happy--- But they weren't.

Everyone who prayed to win the lottery won--- but only got about a dollar when it was all divided. 

The streets were chaos... and all because everyone got what they thought they wanted.

An unanswered prayer can be a good thing (even if we don't realize it at the time). 

Thank God He can do anything we ask..... but only gives us what is best for us in the long run. 

God Bless You!

Kelly

4 comments:

  1. That's the key - God could give us anything, but He chooses to give us the best thing. We just need to trust Him. Great post. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What seems impossible for us is always possible with God..He can make things happen in the worst of circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly. I think this is a great post. I try to thank God when He doesn't 'give me what I want' because I want to trust that He knows it was better for me not to have that - or - that He has something better for me.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete