Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Friday, August 24, 2012

Our Very Breath by Stacy


Life has been full lately. Really full. And I'm not the kind of person who thrives with busyness. The only thing that keeps me from hyperventilating is prayer. Prayer for the Holy Spirit to permeate my life, to calm my every thought as I breathe Him in deeply. Yes, deeply... expelling fully every last bit of stagnant air from the depths of my soul and replacing it with the clean vital oxygen of the Holy Spirit. 

I find that it's not a coincidence to read the Hebrew word for breath... "ruwach", 

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath (ruwach) of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7

and then find the very same Hebrew word, "ruwach", later translated Spirit

"I will pour my Spirit (ruwach) upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring." Isaiah 44:3

God's Holy Spirit is our very breath. Like oxygen for our lungs, He is for our soul. Breathe in God, breathe out the stresses, worries, and unclean thoughts of this world that leave our Spiritual walks in a place of stagnancy, gasping for breath.

The difference between a stagnant Christianity and a healthy Spiritual life filled with vitality is the depth of our ruwach. And prayer is how we breathe more deeply. Pray these words with me friends...



Shared from my heart ~ Stacy

Will you help us bring “Dz” home?


_____________________________________

PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving me a fresh perspective on the Holy Spirit! Really enjoyed this. .

    ReplyDelete